PDA

View Full Version : Becky Lynch Reflects On Having To “Beg” For A Match At The NXT Performance Center

Kemo
06-23-2019, 07:41 PM
It’s hard to believe now, but there was a time when Becky Lynch allegedly had to beg to be put into matchup.

Speaking with Brian Koppleman on his podcast, The Moment, Lynch reflected on her time training at WWE’s Performance Center. She was a part of the first training class and, at the time, remembers having no confidence to help her stand out.

“I had to beg to be put in a match,” Lynch admitted. “When I went down there, I had no confidence. I humbled myself almost to a fault. Sara Del Ray was the trainer, and I had wrestled her in Japan, and I didn’t want her thinking I was full of myself or better than anybody. I mind f****d myself. I couldn’t even lock up.””

“NXT wasn’t what it is now,” Lynch continued. “You were constantly scared of losing your job. Everyone was a minute away from being fired. One wrong move, one wrong promo, one wrong thing said, everyone was walking on eggshells. Which isn’t a bad thing, but I was losing sleep because I wanted it so bad. There were girls that had never wrestled before getting on the shows before me. I remember going into Bill DeMott and begging him, please let me just prove I can connect to the audience.”

Becky Lynch would manage to persevere despite her self-doubts, eventually making history by main eventing WrestleMania alongside Charlotte Flair and Ronda Rousey. Lynch would win both the RAW and SmackDown Women’s Championships, earning herself the short-lived moniker Becky 2 Belts.