PDA

View Full Version : Rey Mysterio Injury Update

Kemo
06-24-2019, 08:50 PM
Rey Mysterio has been out of action since WWE’s Money in the Bank PPV last month. Mysterio separated his shoulder during the post-match beatdown at the hands of Samoa Joe. He would then relinquish the US title back to Joe on a recent episode of RAW due to the injury.

According to sources, Mysterio is not expected to miss much more time. His return is being targeted for the July 8th show in East Rutherford, New Jersey. Mysterio will still need to pass a medical, however, and his return date has not been confirmed.

During a recent interview with WrestlingINC, Mysterio commented on suffering an injury at the hands of Samoa Joe. “Due to the unfortunate aftermath after winning the title, I suffered a separated left shoulder,” he said. “That has put me on the bench, so I’ve been doing some PRP and slight rotation movements. I’m trying to see if I could get back in possibly late June or July.”

The US title has bounced around quite a bit in 2019 so far. 6 title changes have already taken place this year alone.

Nakamura defeated Rusev for the belt at the Royal Rumble this year, only to lose it 2 days later to R-Truth. Truth then held the belt for 75 days before dropping it to Samoa Joe. Joe’s first title reign lasted 75 days until he lost to Rey Mysterio at Money in the Bank. Following his injury, Mysterio then relinquished the belt to Joe on June 3rd and finally, Ricochet won the title for the first time in his career last night.