PDA

View Full Version : Batista Recalls Declining WrestleMania 32 Role

Kemo
07-09-2019, 10:10 PM
Back in 2016 during WrestleMania 32, The New Day were able to share the ring with notable WWE Legends “Stone Cold” Steve Austin, Shawn Michaels, and Mick Foley.

Turns out that one of those spots was initially intended for Dave Batista.

Batista revealed the news during a recent episode of Talk Is Jericho. He discussed that he was offered a place within that segment, but declined involvement as it simply didn’t interest him. Instead, “The Animal” was more interested in getting back into in-ring action. It was during this time that he began pushing for a comeback with Triple H.

“Then there was another time where they had Stone Cold, Mick Foley, and Shawn Michaels and they did something with the New Day. I was supposed to play the part of Mick, and I said that was something I didn’t want. Hunter was there, and I said, ‘When are we going to start talking about Hunter at ‘Mania?’ They just never really showed any interest in it.”

Three years later, Batista would finally get his matchup against “The Game” Triple H at WrestleMania 35. The two would compete in a No Holds Barred matchup, with Triple H coming away the victor. Batista would announce his retirement from pro wrestling hours after WrestleMania concluded.