PDA

View Full Version : Batista Says Working With WWE Creative This Year Was A “Nightmare”

Kemo
07-09-2019, 10:15 PM
Batista recently appeared on Chris Jericho’s Talk is Jericho podcast. The former World Champion was promoting his movie Stuber which is currently in theaters.

Batista and Jericho spoke about his most recent run with the company, which culminated this past April at WrestleMania 35 in a match against Triple H. Batista explains the difficulty he experienced with WWE creative this time around.

“It was a nightmare,” Batista said. “It wasn’t a nightmare like the last time but it was difficult because, for one, I thought I was going back way too soon and because I thought, ‘If I go back, we tease this now, what the hell are we doing for the next five weeks?’ Because the last run I went out, I went back and they had no plan and so they didn’t know what to do with me in 2014.

“So every week they’re just sending me out there to cut these really horrible promos, they’re just awful and I’m just regurgitating the same crap while people are going, you know ‘CM Punk!’ or ‘Daniel Bryan!’”

Earlier this year, Batista appeared on the Pro Wrestling Sheet podcast and spoke about the differences between WWE between his last two runs with the company.

“The creative process, I still don’t get,” Batista said. “It was a nightmare to me the last time I was there, which was 2014, and it seems like it’s become worse. I feel like they don’t have a clear vision, a long-term vision, everything is very week-to-week. It doesn’t seem like they stick to a plan very much.”

“We’ve had our differences, but Vince has always been good to me,” Batista stressed later in the show.