PDA

View Full Version : News On When Eric Bischoff Will Start Running Smackdown

Kemo
07-09-2019, 10:24 PM
Eric Bischoff has not yet taken the reigns of Smackdown. Bischoff was announced as the new Executive Director of the show two weeks ago but the 64-year-old has not yet started in the position. According to a report from Wrestling Observer Live, Bischoff won’t begin in his new role until after the Extreme Rules PPV on Sunday.

“Eric Bischoff won’t be starting until next Tuesday,” host Bryan Alvarez said. “Because there is a PPV, they are going to finish the Smackdown storylines for the PPV and then Eric will get his opportunity to give some ideas.”

Bischoff is said to be in the process of moving to Stanford, Connecticut for his new job with WWE.

“I think people are really excited. I wanna let everybody know, the magnitude of this opportunity, the challenge and commitment that goes along with it, is not lost on me,” Bischoff said on his podcast recently about his new role.

“This is a very sophisticated company. In WWE, there is a great team already in place. They are moving their SmackDown show to FOX network which is obviously gonna have a lot of eyeballs on it in every way.”