PDA

View Full Version : Former WWE Star The Patriot Talks About The Current State Of WWE Programming

Kemo
07-09-2019, 10:27 PM
Del Wilkes, better known as The Patriot was recently a part of the WINCLY podcast of WrestlingInc.com. Patriot is famous for his time working for major promotions such as WCW, All Japan, AWA, and even WWE. During the Podcast, Wilkes talked about how bad the current WWE product is, and how the arrival of AEW could be great for the business.

“They desperately need something and need some sort of direction. I hope this does it,” said Wilkes who isn’t a fan of the current WWE product. “I try to [watch it] but I must admit that every time I try to watch, I realize why I don’t watch. I’m not knocking the men and women that bust their butts every night, but the product is horrible,” said Wilkes

He also touched upon how the arrival of AEW will be great for business. He stated that Vince McMahon needs competition and competition is good for everybody. The boys need another option and he is all for it. Finally the former WWE Star said that he hopes AEW does well.

Apart from this, The Patriot also talked about multiple other topics including the Monday Night Wars between WCW and WWE and the match between Cody and Dustin at AEW Double or Nothing.