PDA

View Full Version : The Miz Says He Can Relate To How Fans Are Treating Baron Corbin

Kemo
07-23-2019, 12:09 AM
The Miz recently spoke with The Wrap about a wide range of topics and during the interview, he brought up Baron Corbin.

This was when he was asked about his own current positioning as a babyface on WWE RAW. Before this turn, he played a heel.

“It took 13 years for people to realize my talent, I think. If you really think about it– a lot of people say Baron Corbin is that heel that you just can’t stand, you don’t want to watch, blah, blah, blah,” Miz said. “I was that guy for a long time. It took a long, long time.”

WWE has pushed Corbin as a top heel on the Raw roster over the last year that resulted in backlash from fans as some people don’t see him in the same light as WWE officials.

Miz also talked about his own babyface turn where he noted that WWE didn’t change him from being a heel but rather the fans did. He thinks fans seeing him on ‘Miz & Mrs’ made them realize that he’s not the character that he portrays on WWE television.

He continued, “And yeah, I do a great job as a bad guy, as a villain, but I’m enjoying this new challenge of being a good guy. And guess what? It takes time to develop, even though I am a seasoned vet, even though I’ve been there for so many years. This is a whole different dynamic that I have to get used to, that I have to find.”