PDA

View Full Version : Trish Stratus vs Charlotte Flair Planned For SummerSlam

Kemo
07-24-2019, 10:02 PM
WWE is planning a Trish Stratus vs Charlotte Flair match for SummerSlam. News was broken yesterday by Pro Wrestling Sheet that WWE was in talks with Stratus about a return. POST Wrestling is now reporting that the match will take place at SummerSlam.

“We can confirm through multiple sources that Charlotte Flair is scheduled to face Trish Stratus at SummerSlam on Sunday, August 11th in Toronto,” the POST Wrestling report reads.

Flair recently dropped a single’s match to Ember Moon on Smackdown. She would also mention in a promo that she is upset about not currently being on the SummerSlam card.

“I demand to be at SummerSlam,” Charlotte Flair said during the interview. “And my opponent will be better than Ember Moon and I’m going to prove why I am the greatest female Superstar of all time.”

You can watch Flair’s promo in the player below:

UtrnaBBq0f8

Stratus actually wrestled in 3 matches for WWE last year. She had been gone from the ring for 7 years between 2011 and 2018. She was in the first-ever women’s Royal Rumble in 2018. Trish then returned that October as part of the Evolution PPV. Trish and Lita teamed together and defeated Alicia Fox and Mickie James on the PPV. They then teamed with Bayley and Sasha Banks the next night on RAW. They beat the team of Fox, James, and the Riott Squad in tag-team action.

Trish ended her full-time WWE career in 2006. She defeated Lita for the WWE Women’s Championship in her final match as a full-time competitor at Unforgiven 2006 in Toronto.

Trish became the youngest person ever to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2013 when she went in at just 36-years-old.