PDA

View Full Version : Seth Rollins Talks About Being A Locker Room Leader, Standing Up To Critics

Kemo
07-26-2019, 05:02 AM
Seth Rollins has been a vocal advocate for WWE in recent weeks. In between Twitter feuds with New Japan Pro-Wrestling talent like Will Ospreay, Rollins has spoken with multiple news outlets about his love of WWE and his take on their critics.

In an interview with TVInsider.com, Rollins spoke once more about WWE’s critics and the idea that WWE is simply ‘phoning in’ their shows.

“I have always been proud to work for the company,” he stated. “I just think it got to where it became cool to criticize WWE because we are so big and popular. It just sucks that this is the society we live in now, where it’s much easier to point out all the things you think is bad as opposed to pointing out all the awesome stuff that is going on in the world.”

He explained that it felt that nobody in the locker room was standing up for WWE when he claims they have so much to be proud of.

“If taking on a leadership role is what you want to call it, it’s certainly something where I stepped forward and put my foot down…The fact I had people from different departments shoot me texts to let me know they had my back because they felt I had their back. That was cool and validating. I felt really good I was representing many people who felt the way I felt.”

In regards to phoning in shows, Rollins argued that everyone is giving “a thousand per cent effort all the time” whether it’s t-shirt designs to two-minute matches.

“We try to put out the best show possible every single time. And I’m not just talking about Monday Night Raw or PPVs. I’m talking about every live event. I’m talking about every department,” Rollins said.

“Fact is everyone loves what they’re doing and wants to be the best. That’s where all the negativity I think stems from. The fact everybody wants to be so good at it and the product to be as great as it possibly can be that it’s easy to point fingers and say, ‘Well, I can do better.’ Or say things like, ‘They’re not trying hard enough.'”

He claimed that until you put yourself into their shoes, “you can’t throw stones” as, without experiencing it, there’s no way a person could understand the type of work that goes into what they do.