PDA

View Full Version : Dominik Dijakovic Seeks Taz’s Permission To Use His Finisher, Taz Responds

Kemo
07-29-2019, 09:56 PM
A finishing move of a wrestler is amongst one of the defining traits of what makes a character work. There’s only so many maneuvers you can use as your finishing move and sometimes you just have a favorite move that has already been attached to someone else’s name.

WWE NXT Superstar Dominik Dijakovic is one of those wrestlers who has become fond of such a move that’s already used by another wrestler in the past. The move in question is the Tazmission, which Taz used during his time in ECW and WWE.

The NXT star requested to use Taz’s old finisher by writing to him on Twitter. His succinct tweet read, “Hello @OfficialTAZ, do you mind if I start using your Tazmission hold on WWE programming and events to defeat my opponents? I have found it to be a very effective maneuver. Thank you.”

The Tazmission is a half nelson choke which is a professional wrestling variant of the kata ha jime chokehold move from judo. The move is performed by putting the opponent in a half nelson with one arm and using the other to grab the opponent’s neck. Taz used this move while adding the body scissors to it, which made it look much more stronger. Here’s Taz applying the move in his WWE debut match against Kurt Angle at the 2000 Royal Rumble (6:12 mark in the video):

blO5nQ012w8

Dijakovic has an entire career ahead of him and we might very well be seeing him use the Tazmission on his opponents in WWE in the near future. This could of course only happen once Taz responds to Dijakovik’s request, which we will be on the lookout for.

Taz responded to Dijakovic and also to other people’s comments, which reveal his thoughts on the whole thing.

I actually care very much, I appreciate you asking me.

On twitter in a public forum is not the right way for this discussion to happen. Privately is the proper way.

— TAZ (@OfficialTAZ) July 29, 2019

Taz seemingly agrees that a big guy like Dijavokic shouldn’t be using a submission move as his finisher.

Some users said that the move existed in judo way before Taz even started using it, like explained above. Taz clarified that he was the first to use the move in professional wrestling:

BULLSHIT.

It’s KATA HA JIME….Yes it’s a judo, it’s been for centuries by judokas, no one has used it in the pro wrestling world… do some homework before you come at me.

Taz concluded by stating that every move that he incorporated in his wrestling style is special to him and they aren’t merely just moves or holds for him:

I need to say this. Every suplex I did was special to me and my finishing choke was well thought out and done with good logical reasoning and it’s still very near and dear to my heart. they weren’t just “moves” or a “holds”.

BTW, new pod dropping today.