PDA

View Full Version : Lisa Marie Varon On Not Being Inducted Into WWE’s Hall Of Fame

Kemo
07-29-2019, 09:59 PM
Lisa Marie Varon, better known as Victoria to WWE fans, recently spoke to Kevin Kellam of WrestleZone.com. During the interview she was asked about possibly being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame.

Varon said that she gets that question all the time and all she really needs is to hear from fans that she did good and that she deserves the honor of getting inducted into the Hall of Fame.

“I get that question all the time. When I hear it from the fans that I deserve it, that means I did my job. They were entertained by me and they appreciated my work, my ethic in the business and they’ve appreciated what I’ve done. That makes me feel good when I hear it from fans, and that’s all I really need.”

Varon also explained that ultimately it only depends on WWE – not on her or fans’ support.

“It’s not my decision to be inducted into the Hall of Fame; we don’t call and say, ‘hey, it’s my turn.’ It’s not something we do. Or it’s ‘well, why don’t you go back?’ You don’t understand—we don’t pick up the phone and say we want to come back, you have to be invited.”

Varon said that it would be amazing if she gets inducted in the future, but for now support from fans is enough for her.

“When that next time comes, it will be amazing, but when I hear it from the fans it’s enough right now. Getting a shout-out from Torrie Wilson—it’s nice, but it’s a hard question to answer because it sounds pompous to say ‘yeah, I deserve to be there’. At the same time, will it happen? I don’t know. It’s not my decision.”

Varon was encouraged to become a professional wrestler by then WWF star Chyna, who she met through a chance meeting. She trained for three years in WWF’s developmnental territories and then made her debut in June 2002. She got a push as soon as she stepped in as she would go on to become the WWE Women’s Champion in just four months of her debut. She won the title from Trish Stratus in a Women’s Championship Hardcore Match at Survivor Series 2002.

She was a part of many Hardcore Matches and Street Fights, and even won a Divas Steel Cage Match against Lita in 2003. She would go on to win the Women’s Championship a second time in February 2004.

She subsequently left WWE in 2009 and debuted in TNA as Tara, where she would go on to become five-time TNA Knockouts Champion.

While it’s no question that she deserves to be in the Hall of Fame, we wonder when the time will come.