PDA

View Full Version : Kofi Kingston To Randy Orton: “I Am Not The Same Kid You Buried In 2009”

Kemo
07-29-2019, 10:01 PM
After successfully retaining the WWE Championship, Kofi Kingston set his sight on the next block – WWE SummerSlam. Kingston wrote, “And we’re on to #SummerSlam…”

The man who is set to face Kingston for the WWE Championship at SummerSlam – Randy Orton, replied to the tweet, coldly reminding him that he’s coming for his title and how lucky he has been at SummerSlam events when it comes to title matches.

To this, Kingston snapped back and said that he’s not the same person that Orton was able to bury back in 2009. He warned Kingston that SummerSlam will be very different.

You can see their interaction below:

And we’re on to #SummerSlam…

— KOFI (@TrueKofi) July 28, 2019

Can’t wait.
3 of my 13 world title reigns started at #SummerSlam Soon to be 4

— Randy Orton (@RandyOrton) July 28, 2019

Oh no…for real??? ?

Please. I’m not the same kid that you buried in 2009. SummerSlam will be very different…stupidly different. You’ll see.

— KOFI (@TrueKofi) July 29, 2019

Orton still didn’t stop with his jabs and posted a pic in a jocular vein from his vacation with his wife in the Maldives. The caption read, “Day 3 of my #WWE Championship winning workout regimen. I can already feel the gains, and yes I am tan af. Today was balancing while intoxicated and tomorrow @kim.orton01 will help me with my oxygen deprivation training.”

The back and forth between Kingston and Orton has been entertaining so far and it only builds up well towards their eventual meeting in the ring. Meanwhile the current card for the event looks something like this:

WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar vs. Seth Rollins
WWE RAW Women’s Champion Becky Lynch vs. Natalya
WWE SmackDown Women’s Champion Bayley vs. Ember Moon
Kevin Owens vs. Shane McMahon – If Owens Loses He’s Forced To Quit WWE
WWE Champion Kofi Kingston vs. Randy Orton
Finn Balor vs. Bray Wyatt