PDA

View Full Version : Becky Lynch Explains Why WWE Could Hold Another Evolution PPV Without Ronda Rousey

Kemo
07-30-2019, 05:22 PM
WWE RAW Women’s Champion Becky Lynch is a believer that WWE can hold a second WWE Evolution pay-per-view.

Not only does she think another event can be done but also without former champion Ronda Rousey. Lynch recently spoke with Alex McCarthy of TalkSport where she discussed her belief.

“Oh, absolutely! First and foremost, it was one of the best pay-per-views of the year.”

Lynch noted that the statement is not her being biased but rather it’s a fact. She thought her match against Charlotte Flair was the Match of the Year.

“Absolutely, I don’t see any reason why not. I think we have a strong enough women’s division [without Rousey], as long as they tell the stories around us and let us go. And… that’s all I’ll say.”

This was the first-ever women’s pay-per-view event under the WWE banner, which took place on October 28, 2018, at the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, in Uniondale, New York.

Nikki Bella vs. Rousey for the RAW Women’s Title served as the main event of this show. Lynch vs. Flair was a heavily promoted contest that saw Lynch beat Flair to retain the SmackDown Women’s Title in a Last Woman Standing match.

At the time, there was speculation that part of the reason WWE held this was show was due to female talent not being allowed to work the Crown Jewel PPV the following month due to the beliefs of the Saudi Arabia government.