PDA

View Full Version : David Arquette Reflects On WCW Title Win & Telling Mangement It Was “A Terrible Idea”

Kemo
08-01-2019, 01:57 AM
David Arquette relaunched his wrestling career last summer. In that time, the 47-year-old has performed on the independent wrestling scene, competing against names such as Timothy Thatcher, Colt Cabana, and more.

Arquette has said he wanted to bring some respect back to his name in wrestling circles after he had received backlash over his winning the WCW World title in 2000. He was recently a guest on Chris Jericho’s podcast and spoke about his first stint in pro-wrestling and what he has learned so far in his second.

“WCW was going through a sort of weird time,” Arquette said on the show in regards to his world title win. “They were like ‘oh, this will bring us attention’ sort of thing. I still stand by the thing that if Ready to Rumble had been the Fast and the Furious and it was a huge hit, it would have been a different story. It just wasn’t a hit.”

Arquette would continue to say he brought to management that he didn’t think him winning the WCW title was a good idea.

“I also didn’t know I could say ‘no,'” Arquette continued. “I did say ‘well, that’s a terrible idea.’ I mean people are going to hate me.”

Arquette then said he was excited at the idea of getting to continue on the road with the rest of the WCW roster at the time until the next PPV, however.

“I got to hang out with Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair,” Arquette continued. “These were my heroes, they still are my heroes.”