PDA

View Full Version : Lio Rush Remains Optimistic About Wrestling Future During WWE Sabbatical

Kemo
08-05-2019, 10:11 PM
Lio Rush spoke with Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated about his hip hop single “Scenic Lullaby” that was released last week.

While Rush got fans speculating on social media earlier this year after he removed all mention of WWE from his bios on both Twitter and Instagram, he remains under contract with the company.

In this interview, it was made clear that he’s focused on his music career while being on a sabbatical from WWE. Rush stated that he’s spending time with his family and working on other projects while away from WWE.

Rush made it known that being a pro wrestler has been his dream since he was a child and he’s heart is still in. Rush brought up only being 24 years old and still going to pursue a career in professional wrestling as he thinks he has a lot of time in front of him.

“I’m still going to wrestle. This is not the end for me. I’m working on my music, I miss wrestling to death, but maybe this [break from WWE] happened to give me time to accomplish some of my goals in music.”

There have been several reported issues involving Rush that has apparently led to him getting backstage heat and being removed from television. The Monday Night RAW star has been off WWE television since earlier this year.

Rush’s issues date back to the European tour back in November 2018 where ignored the standard backstage etiquette for the junior member of the roster on overseas tours.

Before being removed from television, he was serving as Bobby Lashley’s manager.