PDA

View Full Version : Finn Balor Reveals He Does Zero Cardio Training For Matches, Talks Gym Routine

Kemo
08-08-2019, 10:29 PM
Finn Balor spoke with GQ to promote Sunday’s WWE SummerSlam pay-per-view event where he talked about fitness and his gym routine.

Although Balor is in great shape, it’s not all because of his hard work in the gym. Right off the bat, Balor made it known that he doesn’t do any cardio training for his pro wrestling matches. This was brought up when asked whether genetics or working out in the gym made him have abs.

“I think it’s a little bit of both. Obviously, they go hand in hand. But I would lean more towards made in the kitchen. I can tell you right now that I do absolutely zero cardio.”

Balor noted if he goes into a regular gym then he’ll get on the bike for six minutes simply to transition his mind from being in civilization to the gym. There’s not much work for any sort of calorie burn or warmup.

Balor thinks it’s an OCD thing he has. He also revealed that he won’t train for more than an hour. Most of the time there will be a long period beforehand with some active stretching and accessory. There’s a reason for it.

“I won’t do anything that’s going to jeopardize what I do in the ring, so I’m not going to do any heavy squats, any heavy deadlifts.”

Instead, he’s more worried about the accessory work and making sure all the joints are in place with rotation due to his shoulder injuries in the past.

He noted that he wants to do all that accessory work first when he’s fresh, concentrated and then hypertrophy bodybuilding towards the end.

Balor will take on Bray Wyatt at the SummerSlam pay-per-view event.