PDA

View Full Version : Big E Says New Day Would Not Accept Invitation To White House

Kemo
08-11-2019, 06:35 PM
After winning a championship, athletes and sports teams are often invited to the White House by the President of the United States. In recent years, however, many athletes and sports teams have declined this invitation.

Big E was asked by Donagh Corby of Mirror Sport if New Day would accept a similar invite given that Kofi Kingston is the WWE Champion and Xavier Woods & Big E are Smackdown tag team champions.

“Obviously, we are not a big fan of what is going on in the administration and I can’t say it is something I would be excited to do,” Big E said. “I have no desire to go to the White House currently. We have a lot of problems in our country. It’s a beautiful country and there’s a lot to celebrate and applaud but just a lot of the rhetoric which comes out of the White House is something obviously we are not supportive of. I have no desire to go to the White House.”

If things were different politically, Big E believes he could have a different opinion, however.

“When there is a man in the White House that we really respect then I think there might be an opportunity to go. I don’t think there is any invitation that is being extended anytime soon, anyway.”