PDA

View Full Version : News On ‘The Fiend’ Bray Wyatt Missing WWE Programming This Week

Kemo
08-15-2019, 08:45 PM
‘The Fiend’ Bray Wyatt finally made his debut on the SummerSlam PPV after months of buildup and defeated the former World Champion Finn Balor in a singles bout.

His debut was highly praised by the fans and it was considered to be one of the highlights of the PPV, so it was quite surprising that Wyatt was kept away from Television afterward.

He did not appear on Raw or SmackDown Live episode following the PPV and since WWE also shortened his entrance on their YouTube channel, a lot of people wondered if his character was considered too scary for television.

Ryan Satin of the Pro Wrestling Sheet provided some update on the situation. He revealed that the reason why The Fiend was not shown on WWE Programming was because Officials want his character to be special:

From what I’ve heard, Bray Wyatt wasn’t shown on WWE TV this week to follow up on “The Fiend” debuting at SummerSlam because they want his character to be special and for it to feel like you’ll never know when he’s going to strike next.

— Ryan Satin (@ryansatin) August 14, 2019

When I asked if Bray Wyatt wasn't on TV this week because there was fear his gimmick was TOO scary, my sources told me no.

They all said it was for the reasons I previously stated.

— Ryan Satin (@ryansatin) August 14, 2019

Though it doesn’t look like Wyatt will be staying away for too long as the company is now advertising him for next week’s episode of Raw.

So we can expect the former WWE Champion to return to TV during the August 19th episode of the show from Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, Minnesota.

Next week’s episode of Raw will also feature the return of the King Of The Ring tournament and while WWE hasn’t revealed a lot of details, a new report has confirmed the date when its finals will take place.