PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Bryan vs Buddy Murphy Booked For Smackdown

Kemo
08-18-2019, 10:46 PM
After dropping a close match to Roman Reigns last week on Smackdown, Buddy Murphy will go one-on-one with Daniel Bryan this week. Murphy took to Twitter to challenge Bryan for the match.

Last week on #SDLive, @WWERomanReigns and I went face to face & left it all in the ring. If @WWEDanielBryan has an issue with me, he can meet me in the same place I met Roman! Challenge issued.

— Buddy Murphy (@WWE_Murphy) August 17, 2019

Bryan expressed confusion at Murphy’s challenge, though he would ultimately accept it. He sent out the following in response:

Imagine getting beat up by a large man for accusing him of something he had nothing to do with, and then challenging the much smaller friend of the man who beat you up. #SocialMediaToughGuys #ChallengeAccepted #SDLive

— Daniel Bryan (@WWEDanielBryan) August 18, 2019

The match has since been confirmed for this Tuesday’s Smackdown in Sioux Falls, North Dakota.

This will be the first time Murphy and Bryan have wrestled each other, even including house shows. Murphy’s match against Roman last week was the first match he’s had on Smackdown despite having been moved to the brand several months ago.

“Meant every word I said about @WWE_Murphy in the ring. He said he wanted a fight and he got one. Tonight was my night, but I’m sure it won’t be the last time I’ll stand across from you. #SDLive #SecretsOut,” Roman Reigns wrote after their match last week.

It has also been reported that Murphy’s angle with Roman on Smackdown was brought about somewhat unintentionally.

As for Daniel Bryan, this will be his first single’s match on WWE programming since he defeated Big E on July 2nd.