PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Owens On Participating In The King Of The Ring

Kemo
08-20-2019, 04:55 PM
WWE recently confirmed the return of the King Of The Ring tournament, and at least one of the announced participants in Kevin Owens is thrilled about it.

Owens recently had an interview with Sporting News where he talked about his feud with Shane McMahon continuing after SummerSlam, using Stone Cold’s stunner and more.

While talking about the upcoming tournament, Kevin revealed that he has always been a fan of it because many guys like Triple H and Stone Cold Steve Austin have went on to become big stars after winning it.

The former Universal Champion then discussed his participation in the upcoming tournament. He said that he is excited to be in it and the former NXT champion recalled his participation in other tournaments during his time in the independent circuit:

“I’m really excited to be in it. I’m excited that it’s back. In a way, it’s cool because I remember when I was on the independent scene and I’d get to the Battle of Los Angeles in PWG, that was like our own little version of King of the Ring, for me. Now I get to be in the actual thing, so that’s pretty great.”

WWE announced the return of King Of The Ring last week and the company recently also released the brackets for the same featuring stars from both Raw and SmackDown roster.

The tournament is expected to be conducted on both the shows in the next few weeks with the finals taking place at the upcoming Clash Of Champions PPV.