PDA

View Full Version : Steve Austin Responds To Fan, Comments On Modern Kayfabe

Kemo
08-26-2019, 07:48 PM
“Stone Cold” Steve Austin has previously shared his love of the way Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson would sell his finishing move, the Stone Cold Stunner.

In an interview with KFC Radio, Austin recalled how The Rock would be “flip-flopping” around there ring, his legs careening off the ropes and hitting him in the head as he sold it.

“I hit him with that damn stunner, and half the time I’d have to watch out because he’d crash over me,” Austin said. “And The Rock, I mean he’s always been like 275, and when his legs or whatever careened off the ropes and hit you in the head, it’s like, ‘Goddamn, that hurts!'”

Since then, Austin uploaded a Gif to his Twitter account showcasing The Rock’s selling skills, accompanied by the following:

“And the Academy for best selling of a Stunner goes to @TheRock. #goodtimes TCB. RT @90sWWE: Legendary. @steveaustinBSR @TheRock”

https://media.giphy.com/media/PmdaIrgP2XtEgmO93L/giphy.gif

This post led to a social media interaction between himself and a fan, with Austin ultimately sharing his take on modern-day kayfabe attitudes.

A fan decided to share their opinion on the video, highlighting his dislike of Austin’s usage of the words “academy” and “selling.”

“Love SCSA but hate this tweet. ‘Academy,’ ‘selling ‘… ugh. Yes, I realize kayfabe is dead, but can’t you just say it’s a devastating move and that’s why it f****d Rock all up?”

Steve Austin responded, writing:

“Wake up bruh. It’s almost 2020. People kinda know what’s up.”