PDA

View Full Version : Edge Shows Off New Look In Emotional Instagram Post (Photo)

Kemo
08-26-2019, 07:53 PM
WWE Hall Of Famer Edge has opened up about transforming his body this year after bouncing back from a series of personal setbacks that left him in a bad emotional state.

Wrestling fans know Edge as the larger-than-life performer who sacrificed his body in the ring and took part in some of the the most memorable matches in WWE history. Last fall, his mother and father-in-law passed away in a two-month span. As a result of the tragedies, he grew depressed and and stopped taking care of himself.

He wrote on Instagram, “Last fall we lost my Mom and my father in law John within a two month span. I didn’t fully grasp the emotional fallout until I looked in the mirror one day and I didn’t like what I saw. At all. I’d stopped training. I stopped dieting, to a huge degree. I just stopped…living like me. Living in the present. Stuck in that past. I was obviously in mourning.”

He ultimately came to the conclusion that his mother and step-father would have wanted better for him. He looked at his wife (WWE Hall of Famer Beth Phoenix) and daughters and realized he needed to get his life in order for the sake of himself and his family.

Edge recommitted himself to eating healthy and training hard. It took some time, but he eventually broke out of the funk and is looking better than ever.

“Slowly but surely, I started coming out of the funk,” he said. “Less lethargic. I started feeling vibrant. Vital. Happy. Like me. Which makes me a better dad and partner. A better person period. I used every excuse I could to stay stuck. Injuries and everything else I already outlined. But the only way I got unstuck, was to JUST. GET. MOVING. So if this reaches even one person out there who may feel stuck, just know, you’re not alone and you can change it.”

Below, you can see the results of Edge’s hard work.

https://scontent-atl3-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/13bff1f68091ff37ab5479f3bf5eeccb/5E071F60/t51.2885-15/e35/s1080x1080/69829739_161274504984371_8423559854423586482_n.jpg ?_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.cdninstagram.com