PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Murphy Recalls Rubbing People The Wrong Way With His Actions On NXT

Kemo
08-27-2019, 07:13 PM
While Buddy Murphy is receiving high praise for his work now, there was a time when the former Cruiserweight Champion had hit his rock bottom in NXT.

Murphy had gone on to wrestle on Live Events for a year without any televised appearance and during a recent appearance on CBS Sports’ State of Combat podcast, the former 205 Star explained how he got out of the situation.

Buddy revealed that his career-altering epiphany came at the end of 2017 when he got booked to wrestle a debuting Aleister Black on some Live Events and he decided to go all out for the shows.

The former 205 Live Star claimed that he broke the formula during these bouts and stole the show and admitted that this rubbed some people backstage in the wrong way:

“I rubbed people the wrong way because they wanted it a set way, but I felt like I had to do what I loved and I wanted to bring back what I loved, that was the starting point for what you see today.”

Murphy’s love for wrestling was reignited after this and he decided to work harder to get where he is today. Though he had to pave his own way to the current recognition and the former NXT Star did so by asking for a spot on 205 Live.

Per Buddy Murphy, he kept asking for a spot on the Cruiserweight Exclusive Show despite being told no repeatedly. He finally got his chance when WWE decided to include him into the Cruiserweight Championship tournament before WrestleMania 34.

Apart from this, Murphy also talked about his experience of being in the ring with Roman Reigns, his SmackDown debut and more.