PDA

View Full Version : Darren Young On Why He Came Out As Gay While Being Part Of WWE

Kemo
08-27-2019, 07:17 PM
Former WWE Star Darren Young recently had an interview with Sportskeeda where he talked about a number of wrestling related things including his career in the company and more.

Darren became the first wrestling star to publicly come out as gay while still being part of a major promotion when he admitted to it during an interview in August 2013.

Talking about the reason behind his move, the former WWE Star said that there were many reasons behind it, but one of the main motivation was his love:

“Well, for me, there are many reasons why I ultimately came out to the world but one of the main reasons that I came out was because I found love, and my own happiness is more important than anything, even my career.”

Young went on to say that he came out because he wanted to bring his partner to red carpet events and wanted him to experience the masculine world of professional wrestling.

Darren Young also admitted that he was fearful for his job when he came out but support from guys like Randy Orton and CM Punk made it easier for him to go out and perform.

Apart from this, Darren Young also talked about Finn Balor’s work for the LGBT community, getting released from the company and more.