PDA

View Full Version : Adam Cole Is Excited About NXT Going Head-To-Head With AEW

Kemo
08-27-2019, 07:31 PM
Adam Cole has shared his thoughts on the impending Wednesday Night War between NXT and All Elite Wrestling.

The NXT Champion discussed the two brands competing during an interview with SiriusXM’s Busted Open Radio. He spoke about the comparisons between the promotions, highlighting that it is an incredibly exciting time for pro wrestling and wrestling fans.

“I’m incredibly proud of our team,” Cole said. “I stand by the fact that I really do think, bell-to-bell, NXT puts on the best shows on the planet. I stand by that. To now get a chance to do that on such a huge stage weekly on USA Network, two hours live every week, it’s exciting.”

When asked by Mark Henry about the concept of competition and comparison between the two promotions, Cole was forthcoming with his response.

“There’s no question. Of course there’s going to be a lot of comparisons,” Cole stated. “Obviously, we’re going live at the same exact time. There’s these new Wednesday Night Wars that people are calling it, but NXT did get to the USA Network based on the work within NXT. I’ve been hearing for weeks and weeks and weeks that NXT is the third brand […] and now we have a chance to prove it on the USA Network."

He added: “For me, it creates such an exciting situation for wrestling fans. There are so many different options for people to watch and enjoy different types of wrestling or different promotions. So as a fan and a wrestler […], it’s never been a more exciting time.”

WWE NXT on USA Network debuts on September 18th. AEW’s first show on TNT will air a few weeks later on October 2nd.