PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Bate Discusses Walter Ahead Of TakeOver: Cardiff, Whether He Would Jump To NXT

Kemo
08-28-2019, 06:48 PM
NXT UK Superstar Tyler Bate recently sat down with The Sun ahead of this Saturday’s NXT UK TakeOver: Cardiff event. He will be competing against Walter for the promotion’s WWE United Kingdom Championship.

During the interview, Bate discussed the possibility of jumping from NXT UK to NXT. He also addressed the idea of a brand versus brand show that would pit NXT UK Superstars against their U.S. counterparts.

He admitted that, despite Pete Dunne’s current run in NXT, as long as there are new experiences for Bate in NXT UK, he doesn’t see himself jumping brands any time soon.

“Pete seems to be enjoying himself, and it’s something new for him to experience in his career. He’s enjoying it,” Bate said. “As far as I’m aware, there are no plans for me to be going anywhere any time soon. I’m quite enjoying my time here in NXT UK, and my goal is to keep things fresh and interesting. I like to try new things and go to new places, and if I can do that in NXT UK then I’m fine staying here – but there’s nothing planned as far as I’m aware for me to go anywhere soon.”

Bate admitted to being intrigued by the idea of an NXT super show, saying he would be “super up for that” if the opportunity arose. “It sounds like it would be a hell of a show for the fans to watch,” he added. “You never know.”

Addressing his opponent on Saturday, Bate is fully aware of the monumental challenge ahead of him:

“All I can do is try my very best. I’m a big believer in fate, and if it’s not supposed to be me that stops him, then I’m sure there’s somebody else down the line who could do it. […] But I will be putting on the very best performance that I can.”

WWE NXT UK TakeOver: Cardiff takes place this Saturday, August 31st from the Motorpoint Arena in Cardiff, Wales.