PDA

View Full Version : Information On Randy Orton’s SmackDown Live Promo

Kemo
08-28-2019, 06:52 PM
Last night’s SmackDown Live began with an interesting promo segment between WWE Champion Kofi Kingston and his Clash of Champions challenger, Randy Orton.

Kofi spoke about the long-term issues between himself and Orton. Randy then interjected himself into the conversation, pulling out a letter supposedly written for him by Kofi’s son asking him to stop hurting his dad.

It turns out that Orton’s contribution was actually a throwback to a 1984 “Rowdy” Roddy Piper promo, as highlighted by WrestlingNews.co’s Angel Rodriguez:

Who knew that the @RandyOrton #SDLive segment was a callback to Roddy Piper? Here is the original promo from 1984.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1166513808749322240

— Angel – WrestlingNews.co Owner (@AngelAramboles) August 28, 2019

Kingston admitted that the issues between the two Superstars have escalated after Orton made things personal:

“He made it very personal when he brought my family into it. He made it personal when he, alongside his new found buddies The Revival, tried to take out my friend, my partner, my brother, Xavier Woods.”

Orton then interrupted Kingston, repeatedly calling him “stupid.” It was at this point he pulled out the letter left for him under his hotel room door. He claimed the letter was written with heart before reading its contents:

“Dear Mr. Orton, stop hurting Kofi Kingston. Kofi is not stupid. Kofi is a good man, but you are a mean man, Mr. Orton. So mean that you make my hero Kofi Kingston cry at night. Do you want to know how I know this? Because Kofi Kingston isn’t just my hero. Kofi Kingston is my dad.”

The two will face off for the WWE Championship at Clash Of Champions on September 15th at the Spectrum Center in Charlotte, North Carolina.