PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Bryan Shares His Concerns Over Amazon Rainforest Fires

Kemo
08-28-2019, 06:55 PM
Daniel Bryan is known for being an outspoken environmentalist. At one point he insisted on being called “The Planet’s Champion.” He also debuted a hemp championship belt during his reign.

During an interview with Super Luchas, Bryan was asked about his thoughts on the current fires devastating the Amazon.

“It’s really sad because there are apparently hundreds of thousands of indigenous people in the area losing their homes, and not only that, because… It’s hard to say because I hate talking about politics, but they are letting everything burn so they can use the land for other things,” Bryan said.

He expressed his concerns for the indigenous people of the rainforest, mocking the idea they could move into a city.

“As someone who cares about the environment, this whole situation affects me. And it covers more than just the environmental issue, there is also the problem of all the people who live in the Amazon rainforest. They are hundreds of thousands of people, and what they want is to move them to the cities. But that’s not how things work. You know what I mean, they have been living there for longer than anyone can remember, and they want to move them to the cities and expect them to work in factories or something? It is a tragedy, and I hope that it can soon be controlled and that everyone realizes that the Amazon is a central part of the ecosystem.”

Bryan highlighted how the balance within the Amazon’s ecosystem would be disrupted by the fires. He explained how this kind of irreparable damage could lead to the extinction of animals and plant life.

“[…] the diversity of species in the Amazon rainforest is higher than anywhere else in the world, and there is much that could be lost. There are species that could become extinct, and the interesting part is that we don’t know which species correlate with others. We cannot say ‘These specific species must be saved’. There is, for example, the fungi kingdom, fungi. There is no variety of fungi as large as the one that exists in the Amazon rainforest, and we do not know how many of them are necessary for the planetary ecosystem, because everything causes an impact. We already know the impact caused by the reduction in the number of bees and the danger it represents. However, it is a devastating scenario.”