PDA

View Full Version : Drew McIntyre On Considering An NJPW Run Before WWE Return

Kemo
08-29-2019, 04:36 PM
Former NXT Champion Drew McIntyre recently had an interview with Fightful.com where among other things; he discussed his time away from WWE in detail.

McIntyre returned to WWE after a 3-year hiatus in 2017 and despite having been in the promotion before, he was signed to the company’s development wing NXT.

Discussing his re-signing with the company, Drew revealed that he was considering a run with New Japan Pro Wrestling until he talked to The Game, Triple H:

“I was thinking I was gonna go to New Japan probably ‘cause I really wanted to go there and really wanted to work there. Then I got a call from William Regal, who’s a bit of a mentor of mine, who told me we’d take a call with Triple H. We spoke, and decided the next move was WWE and NXT in particular.”

Drew also talked about his release from the company back in June 2014. He said that he was a little surprised by the move and claimed that even the fans were surprised by his release.

Though he went on to admit that he couldn’t have made a transition to a more serious role in WWE after the 3MB skit without taking a break from the company.

Apart from this, Drew McIntyre also talked about building himself back in the independent circuit and more.