PDA

View Full Version : WWE Reportedly Interested In Bringing Back Enzo & Cass

Kemo
08-29-2019, 04:37 PM
WWE is reportedly interested in bringing Enzo and Cass back into the fold. According to a recent report from the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE has been in contact with the pair about possibly returning to NXT.

“WWE has been in contact with Enzo and Cass about a surprise return to be top stars on the NXT brand,” wrote Dave Meltzer. He would continue to say it is not clear whether Enzo and Cass have accepted or not, however.

Enzo recently returned to the ring for the first time in 572 days at a NEW Wrestling show in Poughkeepsie, New York. It was in the same building as his last WWE match on a 205 Live house show tour in early 2018.

Leading up to his in-ring return, Enzo spoke to SI.com about what fans can expect from his match.

“The guy getting back into the ring at the Mid-Hudson Civic Center this Friday is me. I played a character on a television show that elicited a greater reaction than the guys hitting high spots, but now I’m going to show people what I can do in the ring.”

In an interview with Fox News, Cass had the following to say regarding a meeting he had with Vince McMahon before his release.

“We chatted for about an hour. It was a really good talk. And that was the end of my tenure with WWE, Before I left the room Vince looked me in the eye and he said, ‘You walk out of this building with your head held high. You did nothing wrong.’

So it’s exactly what I did. It was unfortunate but I was just not in a good place and I had changed as a human being.”