PDA

View Full Version : Toni Storm Believes She And Kay Lee Ray Will “Steal The Show” At NXT TakeOver: Cardiff

Kemo
08-31-2019, 03:08 PM
Toni Storm has opened up about what it’s like being the face of NXT UK’s women’s division in an interview with Pro Wrestling Sheet. She also spoke about her TakeOver: Cardiff matchup against former friend, Kay Lee Ray.

“It’s kind of a lot of pressure,” the NXT UK Women’s Champion admitted. “But it is honestly a dream come true. I wouldn’t want it any other way. I’m proud of it, I’m happy with it, and obviously all work has gotta go into it to maintain it and just push it to its next level.”

Turning her thoughts to her opponent at tonight’s NXT TakeOver: Cardiff, Storm admitted that she and Kay Lee Ray are very familiar with one another. She explained how they have wrestled all over the world at least 100 times. She believes this familiarity is what will help her get the upper hand as Ray has “taught me too much.”

“I’ve known her for a very long time,” she admitted. “Unfortunately things aren’t the way they were anymore, a lot of personal aspects have been brought into it, but at the same time… I know we’re gonna steal the show because we always have in the past. I don’t think I’ve ever had a better opponent. And we go back so long, I know it’s gonna be war. I know it’s gonna be a complete battle, but it’s gonna be fire.”

Storm takes on Kay Lee Ray at tonight’s NXT UK TakeOver: Cardiff event. They will be competing for the NXT UK Women’s Championship.