PDA

View Full Version : Chad Gable Recalls Pitching Ideas To Vince McMahon After Moving To SmackDown

Kemo
09-04-2019, 04:39 PM
Chad Gable advanced to the semi-finals of the King of the Ring tournament last night during SmackDown Live after defeating Andrade.

In an interview with PWInsider, Gable admitted that he was surprised when he was informed he would be participating in the King of the Ring tournament. He also spoke about pitching ideas to Vince McMahon after his tag team with Bobby Roode came to an end.

“It was a surprise to me too, my friend,” he confessed. “[…] sometimes we find out when the fans do, and I was totally fine with that. Because once I saw my name in there, I was very excited, as you can imagine. For a guy like me that is looking to break out and find an opportunity as a singles guy, I can’t really think of a better way, you know what I mean, than a tournament like this.”

He then reflected on being separated from Bobby Roode, remembering pitching ideas to Vince McMahon as he tried to find himself as a singles competitor. Gable explained how, after being traded to SmackDown, he approached Vince McMahon with ideas for stories and character changes. He even made vignettes and promos that he would showcase on a laptop.

“Just basically, like, begging, pleading, doing whatever I could to get something, get anything,” Gable said. “And I wasn’t married to these ideas that I was giving him. I just wanted to throw as much at him and say, “Look, I’m open to anything. This is what I’ve got for you, but I’ll do anything you’ve got in mind because I’m ready to work. I’m ready to deliver for you, and so when I’m doing that, it shows them that I want to work, that I’m ready. And so when they come back to me with something, there’s no way I’m going to be a guy that is going to poo poo some ideas, you know, or anything that they give me. Because them offering me anything means that they want to invest in me, and to me that’s a compliment.”

He continued, “And so I’m going to take that, and I’m going to use it to its full advantage, whatever ideas they throw at me. And I take them all as a compliment and I’m ready. I’m ready for them to invest in me, and I can guarantee you they’re going to get back their investment. I will deliver.”

Despite his success in the King of the Ring tournament, Gable has been presented as an underdog. Many superstars have made a point out of his height, with WWE reportedly recently trademarking the name Shorty G.