PDA

View Full Version : Matt Riddle Discusses If He’s Any Closer To Wrestling Brock Lesnar, Opens Up About Talking With Goldberg

Kemo
09-06-2019, 01:41 AM
Matt Riddle hasn’t made it a secret that he would love to face Brock Lesnar. He also got into a back-and-forth with WWE Hall of Famer Goldberg that saw the two speak backstage about their issues.

In an interview with Sportskeeda Wrestling’s Dropkick DiSKussions, Riddle opened up about the likelihood of achieving his dream match against Lesnar. He also shared how he wasn’t particularly interested in a match with Goldberg.

“Well, the WWE… NXT has made mention of me wrestling Brock in promos and other things like that, but I’ve been calling out Brock since I started wrestling. It’s such a huge goal. If I get close to that, I’ll probably be really successful. If I do it, probably be a legend. Now I’m as close I’ve ever been, but I’m still pretty far.”

Turning his attention to Goldberg, who he publicly mocked during his matchup against The Undertaker at WWE’s Super ShowDown in June, Riddle admitted he never even wanted a match with the former WCW World Champion.

“With Goldberg, I was never even really wanting a match. I mean, I would take it for sure. He’s Bill Goldberg, you know? The guy is money. At the same time, I never wanted a match. It was more so my opinion on his work rate and his wrestling – not his ability to generate money or put butts in seats. It was his salary, his work rate.”

He continued, “I talked to Goldberg, we talked about it, he thought I was being disrespectful. I was like, ‘Okay, man, that’s my opinion. I’m just not a huge fan of your work. I’m just not. It’s not great pro wrestling.’ It’s like, ‘You’ve got a great jackhammer, great spear but the wrestling… Uhh.’ I’m not lying. I feel like if I’m not lying, I’m not being disrespectful. Especially as that’s how you make your money.”

With NXT moving to USA Network and extending to two-hours, the WWE Universe may soon be able to see more of ‘The Original Bro’ on the black-and-gold brand.