PDA

View Full Version : Drew McIntyre Wants To Wrestle NXT UK Champion WALTER

Kemo
09-06-2019, 09:37 PM
Several WWE Superstars have recently been jumping between different brands including Kassius Ohno, Cesaro, Pete Dunne, and Rhea Ripley. Turns out that ‘The Scottish Psychopath’ Drew McIntyre would like to do the same.

In an interview with SPORTBible, McIntyre spoke once more about in his interest competing for NXT UK. In particular, he would love to have a matchup against the current NXT UK Champion, WALTER.

“There’s a bunch of people I want to work with,” McIntyre said, “but if we want to give people a show they won’t forget, then I guess me and WALTER would be quite the spectacle.”

In the run-up to NXT UK TakeOver: Cardiff, WALTER addressed the idea of Drew appearing for NXT UK, saying:

“[…] somebody like him joining here would up the level of competition here, and I think you need competition to grow. So, for sure, [I would want him here].”

It appears that Triple H is well aware of Drew McIntyre’s interest in NXT UK. He commented on how McIntyre can see something special happening and wants to be a part of it.

“I think that the opportunity when you see guys like Drew McIntyre talking about a brand, it’s because that brand is hot. They see something that is on fire, and we all live for the adrenaline rush of fans being wild and passionate about things,” Triple H told SPORTBible.

He added, “When a guy like Drew McIntyre says ‘I see UK and I see it on fire and I want to step in a ring with WALTER,’ it’s because he sees something special happening and he wants to be part of it.”