PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte Flair Talks About Next Steps For Women’s Evolution, Names Superstars She Expects Will Breakthrough

Kemo
09-09-2019, 08:18 PM
Charlotte Flair is scheduled to team up with RAW Women’s Champion Becky Lynch tonight at Monday Night RAW. They will face off against the team of SmackDown Women’s Champion Bayley and Sasha Banks. The women, WWE’s Horsewomen, are known for being instrumental in WWE’s Women’s Evolution.

Speaking with Smacktalks, Charlotte discussed what might be next for the Women’s Evolution. She shared who she believes could be the next two break out female Superstars, and even named Stephanie McMahon as someone she’d like to tap out.

Addressing the Women’s Evolution, Flair listed its next steps as “[…] continuing the momentum and headlining WrestleMania again and proving that it wasn’t a fluke. The women can continue to deliver like this at high levels. It’s gonna take a couple of years to show that. Maybe we’re not the main event this year, but it’ll happen again.”

When it comes to new rivals for her in the women’s division, Charlotte Flair named both Nikki Cross and NXT’s Bianca Belair as Superstars ready to breakthrough.

“I’m expecting big things from Nikki Cross. I’m a huge fan of hers,” Charlotte admitted. “I know she’s been on RAW and SmackDown for a few months now, maybe a year. It takes time, and I think she’s gonna have that breakout moment soon. I’m 100% behind her. From NXT, Bianca Belair just has it. She doesn’t have to try. She has that natural swag. She’s a star, and that’s one thing you can’t teach. You can teach someone how to wrestle and come up with a character, but whether you have it or not is on you, and she has it. I think she’s the next big thing.”

Having recently faced off against WWE Hall of Famer Trish Stratus, earning a submission victory in the process, Flair was then asked about who she would like to face from WWE 2K20’s roster of legends. She explained that having already tapped out Trish Stratus, “it would probably be tapping out Stephanie McMahon.”

Past tonight’s tag match on RAW, Charlotte Flair will be facing Bayley in a match for the SmackDown Women’s Championship at Clash of Champions on September 15th.