PDA

View Full Version : Bret Hart Reflects On His King Of The Ring Victory

Kemo
09-12-2019, 07:10 PM
With WWE currently holding their King of the Ring tournament, many former Superstars have been reflecting on what the tournament has meant to them.

During an interview with SI.com, WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart reflected on his King of the Ring victory in 1993, calling it one of the greatest nights in his lucrative career.

“I prided myself on working different styles with different guys, and I appreciated that every single one of my matches that night was different.”

Hart competed in three different matches that night on his way to claiming the crown. He faced Razor Ramon in the quarterfinals, Mr. Perfect in the semis, and then Bam Bam Bigelow in the final on the competition.

“There’s always a lot of pressure on you on a big pay-per-view, especially a pay-per-view like that since it was the first one,” said Hart. “But I was up for the challenge.”

He explained how he looked forward to every match he had that night. Hart called Bam Bam one of the best big men in the business before likening his matches with Curt Hennig with Mad Magazine’s Spy vs. Spy, saying how they had “great chemistry together” to the point where he feels they never had a bad match. When it came to Razor Ramon, Hart stated that theirs was “the best match we ever had together.”

“It was all different stuff, too. The match with Bam Bam was so different from the match with Curt, and the match with Curt was different from the match with Razor. That’s what I remember the most about that night.”

The finals of this year’s King of the Ring tournament will see Chad Gable take on Baron Corbin Monday night on RAW.