PDA

View Full Version : Nikki Cross On When She Found Out About Her Main Roster Call Up

Kemo
09-14-2019, 06:57 PM
One half of the current Women’s Tag Team Champions Nikki Cross recently appeared on Lilian Garcia’s Chasing Glory podcast where she discussed things like her time in NXT, being on TV and more.

While the rest of the Sanity members were called up to the main roster in April 2018, Nikki Cross spent some more time in the development territory and her main roster call up was made official on December 17 last year.

During the interview, Cross revealed that she found out about the call up on the same day it was announced and she recalled how she first thought that she was in trouble:

“It was a Monday afternoon; I was in Scotland, when I got the news of getting called up. I saw that I had these missed calls and voicemails and I thought I was in trouble. Matt Bloom had called me and told me the news. He told me that I was going to see a graphic on Raw tonight and I was going to get called up.”

Nikki replaced Alexa Bliss in the Women’s Money In The Bank match earlier this year in June after the former Women’s Champion was removed from the show due to an injury.

The two were then paired with each other and they recently defeated the IIconics to win the Women’s Tag Team Championships during the August 5th episode of Raw.

Talking about the title win, Cross said that it was Former United States Champion and current producer Fit Finaly who first told her about the title change and she went on to say that Finaly has helped her a lot.

Apart from this, Nikki Cross also talked about her career, saying that she wants to wrestle for as long as possible, and explained the difference between singles and tag team wrestling.