PDA

View Full Version : Mansoor Believes WWE Women Will Wrestle In Saudi Arabia

Kemo
09-14-2019, 07:10 PM
WWE’s first Saudi Superstar, Mansoor, is confident one day female Superstars will get the chance to perform on a WWE Show in Saudi Arabia. Mansoor expressed his belief recently in an interview with Esquire Middle East.

“My nieces, who live in Riyadh, are big wrestling fans, and I want them to be able to go to wrestling shows and see the women wrestlers perform,” Mansoor said during the interview. “We saw it in Abu Dhabi with Sasha Banks and Alexa Bliss, but progress is like a staircase, you can’t jump every step. When it comes to a country’s culture you have to slowly integrate. Personally, I truly do believe we will see women performing in Saudi Arabia in a WWE ring one day.”

Mansoor also spoke during the interview about how he got hooked on wrestling and what made him want to be a pro-wrestler.

“I grew up in Saudi, and my older brother Talal introduced me to the WWE and I was a huge fan. All my friends were wresting friends, and we played so much No Mercy on the Nintendo 64, and Smackdown! Here Comes The Pain on Playstation. It was always something that was in my life. It’s what I feel I was born to do. Someone once said to me, ‘why do you like wrestling more than acting, it’s the same thing.’ It’s not the same thing, because there are a million Romeos and a million Juliets, but there is only one Jeff Hardy.”

This summer, Mansoor won a 50-man battle royal at Super ShowDown in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D8fQFSbVUAAt2XV.jpg