PDA

View Full Version : Nigel McGuinness Reflects On NXT Premiere On USA Network

Kemo
09-23-2019, 06:42 PM
NXT recently premiered on USA Network, ending with a mass brawl between the NXT locker room. Speaking with Bill Apter for an episode of Apter Chat, NXT commentator Nigel McGuinness reflected on the day. He also looked to the future, naming who he believes could challenge for Adam Cole’s NXT Championship.

“It was a great day all around,” McGuinness said. “Everybody was so excited to be getting the opportunity, getting all the eyes on the product. I’ve only been there for the last two or three years, and this is something that started eight or nine years ago. […] Just to be part of it was huge, I was excited. I love the team, I love everyone that’s involved.”

When it comes to new talent, McGuinness admitted that being introduced to new Superstars is what’s great about NXT.

“That’s the beauty of NXT, absolutely,” he said, “there’s always people coming in, and it’s always, really arguably for the last four, five years now, bringing in the hottest free agents in the industry, and they’ve found a home in NXT, and they’ve created really a true alternative,” said McGuinness.

McGuinness then named who he believes could challenge for Adam Cole’s Championship: Killian Dain. He explained that if Dain can put away Matt Riddle during their Street Fight rematch, then he would be a serious threat to Adam Cole’s reign.

OpOKZ6fLz5U