PDA

View Full Version : Lacey Evans And RCMP Release Statements On Staged Video

Kemo
09-24-2019, 07:57 PM
WWE RAW Superstar Lacey Evans recently uploaded a video of an altercation between herself and a member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. The incident occurred while Evans was in Canada for a WWE Live Event taking place in Edmonton, Alberta. Her uploaded video featured Evans, in character, berating the officer for giving her a ticket. It was accompanied by her claims that:

Canada is terrible.
You know Exactly who I am.
You will be speaking to my lawyer. #YaNasty”

Since uploading the video to Twitter, both Evans and the RCMP have clarified the incident. Although she was legitimately stopped for a speeding infraction, their back-and-forth was staged. Evans claimed she wanted to film the exchange to help promote the Live Event.

Evans explained in a note posted to her account that she does not agree or condone disrespecting law enforcement or making their jobs any harder. She added that the video was created by both parties:

“As prior law enforcement myself and a United States Marine, I do not condone, agree with or promote disrespecting or making LEO’s jobs harder than they already are. The video was created by both parties to promote the local live event taking place in the edmonton area. As a sports Entertainer it’s my job to not only entertain but also set the proper example. So with that being said… I’m glad you all were entertained but if you ever try to honestly disrespect or put my brothers and sisters in blue in harm…I hope you get what you ask for.”

The RCMP also provided a statement to Yahoo! Sports:

“The female motorist was stopped for a speeding infraction where a provincial offence notice was issued. Following the issuing of the ticket, the female motorist engaged in a courteous and polite conversation with the member where the motorist identified herself as a sports entertainer with World Wrestling Entertainment. She asked the member if he would participate in a rehearsed interaction on camera with her WWE persona. The member obliged.”

Speaking with CTV News, Evans added that her character is a “sassy” bad guy and that she often plays the role because of it. As prior law enforcement, she didn’t expect people to believe their exchange was real. Evans believed that because she is a sports entertainer and in town for a performance, people would be able to realize the video was an act.