PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Michaels Discusses If He Was Considered To Face Dolph Ziggler At SummerSlam

Kemo
09-24-2019, 08:00 PM
During a recent episode of the State of Combat Podcast, WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels addressed his involvement with Dolph Ziggler’s recent feud with Goldberg. Ziggler and Goldberg would face each other one-on-one last month at WWE’s SummerSlam pay-per-view.

The build-up to this match involved a tease that Michaels might feud with Ziggler. This led the WWE Universe to speculate that HBK could be coming back for one more match. When discussing whether there was ever a possibility he would be getting back in the ring, Michaels confessed there was “absolutely no thought of me and Dolph.”

“I never know when the phone call is going to come and I’m going to jump on a plane,” Shawn explained. “I was just sort of doing what I was asked to do. If nothing else, with all these years later, after 30 years, I’m a pretty good employee. I just do what I am told, so to speak. It was fun to do but there was absolutely no thought of me and Dolph or anything like that. It was always going to be Bill Goldberg, but perhaps they needed somebody to light the fuse for Dolph Ziggler in that respect and I was the guy to do it as best as I could.”

Ziggler went on to face off, and be decimated by, Goldberg in 1 minute and 50 seconds.