PDA

View Full Version : Shayna Baszler Talks Up About Thriving Under Pressure

Kemo
09-27-2019, 09:36 PM
Current WWE NXT Women’s Champion Shayna Baszler has confessed that she is a pressure player—a fact that she believes will help her thrive as WWE and AEW prime for the Wednesday Night Wars.

Speaking with Sports Illustrated, Baszler explained “I’m a pressure player. Put me in the game at the critical time and I’ll get the job done. It’s something I’ve always done, and that won’t change when I’m wrestling on live TV.”

Despite NXT going to head-to-head with All Elite Wrestling on Wednesday nights from next week, Baszler isn’t focused on what AEW is doing. Instead, she is concentrating on delivering performances to the best of her ability every week on WWE’s black-and-gold brand. She believes that by continuing to strive to compete at their high standards, everyone on the NXT roster can continue to be proud of their work.

Baszler added, “Our locker room at NXT is very proud of the work we do. Going into Wednesdays on USA, you’ll see us outdo ourselves every week.”

Baszler is scheduled to defend her NXT Women’s Championship against number one contender Candice LeRae next Wednesday night. That night will also see the premiere episode of All Elite Wrestling: Dynamite on TNT.