PDA

View Full Version : Update On CM Punk’s Tryout For WWE Backstage

Kemo
09-29-2019, 02:58 AM
CM Punk is reported to have auditioned recently for the upcoming WWE Backstage show set to premiere on FS1 beginning Tuesday, November 5th. According to a recent report from Wrestling Observer Radio, Punk is expected to receive some type of offer from Fox, though that is not confirmed.

“I guess it went well,” Dave Meltzer said in regard to Punk’s tryout with Fox. “Because the feeling is that he’ll probably get an offer.”

Meltzer would also say that there are people at Fox who read the Wrestling Observer and felt that Punk would be a good fit for the Backstage show.

“It just doesn’t make sense in a lot of ways, I can’t imagine WWE would want it,” Meltzer continued.

Also noted during this conversation was that people from AEW are saying they are not willing to work with Punk as a result of comments Punk made in a recent ESPN article.

“Even though AEW has told me they would never work with him – and I believe that they believe that on this day – come February there’s going be somebody if not two sides who want him really bad,” Meltzer said during the show.

“They told me that after the Marc Raimondi article, yeah,” Meltzer confirmed.

“It was pretty much told to me that they felt very disrespected by what he said, and they should have if you know what the real story was, and I can’t go into too much detail but I do know it.”