PDA

View Full Version : The Street Profits Discuss Their Time In NXT, Team Dynamics

Kemo
09-30-2019, 06:29 PM
Former WWE NXT Tag Team Champions, The Street Profits, recently featured on an episode of Lilian Garcia’s podcast, Chasing Glory. The team, comprised of Montez Ford and Angelo Dawkins, spoke about their WWE journey so far as well as their team dynamics.

Before teaming with Ford, Dawkins had been a part of the NXT roster for some time. He recounted watching people leave the black-and-gold brand over the years for WWE’s main roster. He explained how these Superstars had experience honing their craft, competing in promotions across the world. Although he suffered minor envy at their move to RAW or SmackDown, he tried to put everything in perspective:

“They’ve travelled the world, they’ve wrestled countless, like a bunch of matches, they have all this experience and everything, they already kind of got it figured out, so when they got here, they were like, ‘oh yeah, y’all are ready to go up.’ It was like, they have that experience for a reason and they see that in them for a reason,” Dawkins said. “Me, anytime that happened and I saw it, there would be people who would get mad but me, it kinda sucked but at the same time I was like, yo, they did all that. The furthest I ever travelled was like Arizona for a bowl game so…I always had to put things in perspective because if you don’t, it’ll drive you crazy around here.”

He continued, “Granted, I’ve been here longer than everybody here at the PC, going on seven years…the day before we go live. Crazy part about it was, I didn’t really start actually doing mediocre okay until [my] fifth year here because I was still learning and I’m still learning now, but I’m a lot more comfortable doing everything than I was when I first walked in.”

Reflecting on his partnership with teammate Ford, Dawkins spoke about their dynamic as a duo.

“It’s just the rapport, we’ve already been cool for so long that it was pretty easy just to mesh. Now, finding moves that correlate, that’s a little bit different. But us talking, very easy. But our movements are very different, I’m athletic but he can out-jump me in any aspect possible.”

The Street Profits attempt to reclaim the WWE NXT Tag Team Championships from Undisputed Era this Wednesday on NXT.

HkXhK5ce3p0