PDA

View Full Version : Booker T On CM Punk And WWE Backstage Rumors

Kemo
09-30-2019, 06:31 PM
WWE Hall of Famer Booker T recently shared his thoughts regarding rumors of CM Punk’s reported interest in the show, WWE Backstage on FS1.

Speaking on his podcast, The Hall of Fame, Booker T shared that he knew nothing about Punk’s alleged screentests for the show, calling it the best kept secret FOX has ever pulled off.

“[…] my thing is it must have been the best kept secret FOX ever pulled off. It must have been one of those deals — Now, you know what? The one I read said that he was brought in to do test shots with Renee Young. No Booker T. I know nothing about this at all.”

Booker T explained how he and CM Punk had no problems during Punk’s time in WWE. He even brought Punk into his wrestling promotion, Reality of Wrestling, when he was a “young, young kid.” He confessed he would be surprised if Punk ever returned to pro wrestling as, “[…] he seemed like that guy that when stepped away from it, he said, ‘I’m done with professional wrestling, and I never want to see a professional wrestler ring ever again.”

He then recalled how Corey Graves became legitimately upset with CM Punk for deleting his contact details.

“[Punk] pretty much deleted all of his contacts from all of his buddies in the business or anything like that. I remember some of the guys — I remember one of the guys, I mean actually one guy, Corey Graves, was real cool with CM Punk, and Corey was real hot at him because he deleted him [Graves]. And he said, ‘I don’t want to talk to this guy anymore.’ I don’t know what it was. I think it was the tattoos! I think it was the tattoos.”

Booker T then added that “if I saw Corey Graves, you know what I’d do to him. I’d slap him up. I’d slap him up real good. That’s just because I don’t like the guy. You know what I mean? It doesn’t matter where we was in. It could be in Whole Foods. If I see this guy, I’d slap him up. That’s another story.”

3dlU2DtPiK4