PDA

View Full Version : Sean Waltman Reflects On Joining DX

Kemo
09-30-2019, 06:32 PM
WWE Hall of Famer Sean ‘X-Pac’ Waltman was a member of two legendary wrestling stables in the ’90s: nWo and D-Generation X. In a recent episode of his podcast, X-Pac 12360, Waltman reflected on the different versions of D-Generation X and the time he joined them after leaving WCW in 1998.

“I am sure there was a lot of doubt without Shawn [Michaels], if [DX] can keep going. But I had a f**k ton of momentum coming off of my nWo run, it was the biggest thing in wrestling,” Waltman said. “That was a big deal, that was a huge part. I mean it still would have been great if I were to have came back in that spot but the fact that I was a huge part of the nWo.”

The version of DX that Waltman joined was led by Triple H after Shawn Michaels had departed WWE. He became a part of the stable alongside the New Age outlaws, who he credited as being integral to DX’s success.

“I look back on it and just how everything turned out; obviously they were the perfect addition. And even if I hadn’t come back… the plan was, or the talk was even before I came back; while Shawn was still active to add those guys to the mix,” revealed Waltman. “But they were doing fine on their own at that point. I can’t really stress enough how important those guys were to the whole DX recipe.”

D-Generation X were inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame earlier this year during WrestleMania weekend.