PDA

View Full Version : Mickie James Talks Being An Announcer On WWE Main Event

Kemo
10-02-2019, 05:02 PM
Mickey James has been on the shelf since June after undergoing surgery on her ACL. She’s not expected to be medically cleared until sometime in 2020 but James has taken on a new role with the company, working commentary on WWE Main Event broadcasts.

James posted an interview on MickieJames.com during which she speaks about her new role.

“I was surprised WWE offered me the opportunity but very excited to jump on board,” James said. “It’s good to be back on the road with the crew and to call matches of Superstars you don’t always get to see on the main broadcasts.”

James also spoke about what it’s been like since her injury.

“As odd as it sounds, because I’ve only been off the road for a couple months, I feel like I’m missing out on so much,” she said. “This gives me the opportunity to scout the Superstars who are going to be waiting to battle me when I’m healed up.”

https://instagram.fbna1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/vp/8cc31e0e2c15608335b59cc2143352f0/5E296950/t51.2885-15/e35/s1080x1080/70728707_2507043172684298_4201007685375752751_n.jp g?_nc_ht=instagram.fbna1-2.fna.fbcdn.net&_nc_cat=102

"Same name… different game!! I am so honored to be asked to sit at the @wwe announcers desk 2 weeks in a row… Thank you to my teams @vicjosephwwe @officialbyronsaxton & @greatblackotaku You guys are incredible. Pretty soon they’re gonna have to call this show #MainEventMickie Ps… hi @itsmebayley I missed you too! #Nosey Wardrobe by @aristidesfashion Makeup by @bfabulous1 Necklace @bullets4peace Jacket @fatebylfd Bracelets @j.and.a.customdesigns Earrings @Lulus Shoes @privilegedshoes Oh & knee accessory by @donjoyperformance ����*♀️"

She would continue to talk about how she’s done guest commentary before but being on the Main Event team has been different.

“I’ve done a few guest commentary spots, but this was so different. I’m thankful for my team (Vic and Dio) to help dip my toes on a whole different side of the spectrum. They’re so incredibly talented and I can’t wait to watch them on Raw. I’m super excited about this. I think it can aid in my growth as a superstar in the company. You never stop learning in this business. I’ve always wanted to know more and really delve into the other side of the business. This is giving me a chance to hopefully really shine in a whole different capacity.”

The full interview can be read here (http://www.mickiejames.com/blog-1/2019/9/30/mickie-james-comments-on-being-an-announcer-on-wwe-main-event).