PDA

View Full Version : Finn Balor Discusses His NXT Return

Kemo
10-04-2019, 07:25 PM
Former WWE Universal Champion Finn Balor made his return to NXT this past Wednesday. He confronted Adam Cole after Cole’s successful NXT Championship defense against Matt Riddle, stating that “As of now, Finn Balor is NXT.”

In an interview with Newsweek.com, Balor opened up about his return to the black-and-gold brand, calling it a “huge honor.”

“I’ve been out of the ring for about two months and out of NXT for much longer,” Balor explained. “To get the opportunity to return to Full Sail live on USA is a huge honor for me.”

Addressing his ambitions in NXT, Balor shared that he intends to “[…] wrestle whenever, [and] whoever I want. That’s something I’ve been chasing for quite some time in my career. I don’t believe in any boundaries be it weight class, country, promotion… And I want to break those boundaries. I’m here at NXT to do that.”

His return seems to place Balor directly into the NXT Championship picture. If he does chase the gold that Cole currently holds, he will invariably be facing the full force of Cole’s stable, the Undisputed Era. For him, however, that’s no problem.

“[…] I’ve been part of a group before, I’ve been one of those guys who has been an individual [performer] for a very long time. But maybe you need a group to face Undisputed Era, we’ll see.”

He admitted that returning to NXT was nerve-wracking as “the game has changed a lot in NXT since I was here.” He pointed to the quality of Cole and Riddle’s matchup as an example of how NXT Superstars have stepped up since he was there.

Balor shared that his ultimate goal is to continue evolving as a competitor, and he believes returning to NXT will allow him to “redefine and recreate” his WWE legacy.

5wH7bapbkOc