PDA

View Full Version : Speculation Over Edge Returning To In-Ring Action

Kemo
10-04-2019, 07:28 PM
Edge recently announced he was leaving his podcast, E&C’s Pod Of Awesomeness. The former WWE World Heavyweight Champion took to Twitter to share his decision, writing:

“Now on @EandCPod it’s the final episode with E. That’s right I’m retiring…again. Enjoy the velvety tones one last time hosers. @Christian4Peeps fly on sweet bird, fly on. #Cawcaw”

This announcement, coinciding with Edge’s involvement at this year’s SummerSlam event where he speared Elias, has led to speculation that he may be returning to the ring.

According to Dave Meltzer via The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Edge successfully negotiated a major new deal with WWE by playing them against All Elite Wrestling. It was noted there had been private talks between WWE and Edge about him wrestling again, though it’s not known at the time of writing if he will be cleared to do so. Those in the WWE creative team are under the impression that Edge will not be cleared.

In a previous episode of his podcast, Edge shared that he felt healthy enough to wrestle a match. He added that WWE’s medical staff probably wouldn’t allow him to.

“To be perfectly honest, I think I could do a match tomorrow,” Edge said. “And I might be blown up, but I’d be okay. It’s just from what I know with the WWE medical staff, they won’t allow it.”

“Stone Cold” Steve Austin recently shared his belief that he could, “in theory,” wrestle one more match. Austin made the statement during an episode of his podcast, The Steve Austin Show.

A9Ib_5nFtIQ