PDA

View Full Version : The Rock Addresses Randy Orton’s WrestleMania Challenge

Kemo
10-07-2019, 07:52 PM
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson has responded to the challenge sent out by Randy Orton for a match at WrestleMania 36 in 2020.

Although The Rock did react to the challenge, it’s not the answer that Orton was hoping to hear from the former WWE Champion. Over the weekend, The Rock was active on social media and commenting on his most recent appearance on Friday Night SmackDown.

This is when The Rock wrote the following on his official Twitter account:

“@RandyOrton U think Bob O Sr & Chief Maivia along with our pops’ Bob Jr & the Soulman ran up and down those roads for decades taking bumps just so we can sell out WM36 so you can RKO my ass thru the earth. My body’s still recovering from that Evolution beatdown you gave me at WM20.”

Orton saw the tweet and responded with, “My man. So I guess that’s a ‘no.’”

The chances of this match happening weren’t great due to The Rock already confirming that he’s retired from the pro wrestling business.

Although never say never in wrestling, The Rock is a busy man these days with his acting career and would have to set time aside in order to train, make television appearances and work the match.

WrestleMania 36 will take place Sunday, April 5th, 2020 from Tampa, FL at the Raymond James Stadium and air on the WWE Network.